Friday, June 20, 2008

Wal-Mart

You can take the girl out of Arkansas.  But, I guess you can't take Arkansas out of the girl.  

I have been trying to get to Wal-Mart for about a week now.  After all, where else does one shop when in Arkansas?  I finally figured out how to get there via TheBus.  I packed Trini up and we went today.  I was almost giddy walking up to the doors.

Wal-Mart in Honolulu is much different than in Arkansas.  First, it is attached to a parking garage.  Second, the doors are inside the garage, somewhat in the middle between the two.  But oh, the familiar smell as we walked in.  Directly to the left were "Hawaii" knick knacks, hats, and t-shirts.  I have to say, the ABC and EZ stores are much cheaper for the same crap.   I had to stroll through just to look.  The layout of this store was totally different, too.  Also, I am used to a super center with a complete grocery store.  This had very little food compared to the mega-stores on the mainland.  

Still, I managed to rack-up a $100 bill with very little in my bags.  That is very MUCH like the stores on the mainland.  LOL!  

No comments: